Wednesday, February 18, 2009

13 Feb - Snowboarding at Romme




Friday the 13th- the perfect day to head to the nearest ski field to feed the withdrawal symptoms and get my snowboarding fix - and given that country is virtually completely covered in snow you don't need to head to the mountains, just the nearest hills. So although not technically difficult, romme alpin is the perfect place to head for the day with a german, a russian, two macedonians and a kiwi and with perfect weather and some sweet sweet homemade sandwiches what more could a guy ask for. We did however learn that the everything-is-twice-the-price thing they got in sweden here still applies outside the shops, when we got pulled over and fined NZ$630 for travelling 14km over the speed limit. The cop assures us we're lucky however, that we weren't traveling 1km faster and getting into the next fine bracket. lucky, thats one word for it I suppose.


So my luck at being a passenger isn't getting that much better really

We did of course, not let it get in the way of a wicked day which I topped off with a couple of hours of volleyball and a sauna on my return to Uppsala. It's a hard life.




And just when things were at the peak of pristine i found this - the ultimate bbq. I hereby challenge all of you to come up with a better photo of the perfect lunch than this, pity I had no steak in my pocket..
























Also stitched together a wee video..

No comments: