Friday, May 22, 2009

The End of An Era (again)

Back in winter I had to exercise some serious composure when my trusty steed red lightning was superseded by Rex, who has come to be one of my dearest friends. Well I have some news that may shock you and even bring you to tears, that last weekend in a wave of violent inconsideration, Rex was stolen from outside my door. But comfort can be found in the words 'El Maraton' - my new workhorse that was stitched together from various abandoned bike bits from 'The Uppsala Bike Pool'. (Its the one with the 4kg pack of pasta on the back)


This beast puts the 'kill' in 'bicycle' and is jam packed with unusable features such as 7 unusable gears, busted brakes, and a general love of life. But it is nonetheless welcomed into my family with love, in a town owned by the bicycle. And to understand what I mean, heres a photo of one of towns bike statues which was created by a friend of mine here when they cleaned the river of approx 200 bikes before the raft races of Valborg this month.


RIP Rex.

No comments: