Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June 20 - Brass Monkey Ultimate Tournament

Well one things for sure - the last post was a blatant lie, not the final one at all! But I have a pretty solid justification, because after landing in Auckland I headed straight to Rotorua for a weekend ultimate frisbee tournament, and so technically it's part of the world lap as it happened before I got home. And yes it was definitely worth it, as my sleep-to-wake ratio of about 1:4 together with a wee bit of food poisining and a few other bonus extras was meet by two 7-hour days of ultimate frisbee. And watching the All Blacks game from the comfort of a thermal spa, which was the really tough part obviously. But having to sit outside in the cold between games to stay awake and battling health all the way didn't only pay off with a top five placing, but also a prize at the end for my dedication! And so everytime I look at that black devil-horned ruber ducky sitting proudly on my shelf I will be reminded of the sweetest ultimate tourney of my career. Cheers Brass Monkey.

Me with my infamous hat-drawn team of sunday's outdoor competition - Mydoom.

Cheers to my wicked MUCOUS team mates for the ultimate welcome home (pun fully intended), and for the lift back to the Manawatu! See ya soon.

1 comment:

Julia said...

wish i had found your blog earlier... love your pics! it seems you had a nice time in sweden the last weeks, unfortunately i missed them since i was in kenya. have a great time at home and don't stop writing (make a "gareth adjusting to nz again-blog":)! Hope to see ya! //Julia